| ||Posted on May 27, 2015
To apply submit a brief cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, June 12, 2015. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received.
The Alliance for Health Reform seeks a highly motivated and energetic individual for the position of Program Assistant for Congressional Events & Outreach. The Program Assistant will interact with health care and scheduling staff from Congressional Offices and the Executive Branch in addition to the many experts, academics and practitioners who speak at Alliance events.
In close collaboration with the executive vice president, director of operations and health policy team, the Program Assistant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Managing logistical components for congressional events, such as:
- Assist in developing invitee lists and distributing electronic and printed announcements and invites;
- Coordinate pre-conference meetings with Members of Congress and their staff;
- Schedule speaker planning calls;
- Manage and oversee logistical components like accommodations, travel arrangements, meals, audio visual requirements and production of background materials for attendees;
- Produce name badges, place cards and tent cards; and
- Organize materials and packing supplies.
- Act as a one of the primary lines of contact with all invited Members and subsequent attendees.
- Serve as a liaison between funder and conference attendees and speakers.
- Organize the preparation of memos, event summaries, grant proposals and final grant reports.
- Coordinate with policy staff on congressional outreach strategies and maintain information as it relates to congressional health policy staff.
- Provide additional administrative support to the entire staff as needed.
Desired Skills and Expertise Include:
- A bachelor’s degree and some relevant work experience (1 to 3years); prior meeting planning, event planning, scheduling, and/or fundraising experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good judgment and ability to function both autonomously and in close collaboration with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Some evening and weekend hours and travel required.
- Hill or other experience with elected officials and their staff is a plus.
The Alliance for Health Reform is a nonpartisan, nonprofit health policy education organization. Our aim is to help Members of Congress, their staff, reporters, and other policy leaders understand the roots of the nation’s health care problems and the trade-offs posed by various proposals for change. We do not lobby for any particular policy proposals, nor do we take positions on legislation.
Since 1991, the Alliance has organized more than 500 forums in Washington and around the nation, each presenting a balance of expert views. Most of these forums are briefings on Capitol Hill for 200+ congressional staff, administration staff, the media and others in the policy community. Other events exclusively engage congressional staff or the press. We also cosponsor an annual retreat for members of Congress, and a separate retreat for senior congressional health policy staff.
For additional information, visit us online at www.allhealth.org.